you finally wore out the welcome mat, wiped off your feet on my door like that, arms spread out like an abacus saying i could count on you. i ended up with zero watching those loose lips sunk ships back and forth your expiration date.
you built a corner around me because i couldn’t be backed into one, stared down the barrel of a cheap shot and pointed it straight at my smile. gunning down easy targets is for beginners, billy kid. there is no high noon in my heart today. you will not shoot holes in the dam. people drink here.
I have realized that the moon did not have to be full for us to love it.
That we are not tragedies stranded here beneath it.
That if our hearts really broke every time we fell from love
I’d be able to offer you confetti by now.
But hearts don’t break, y’all, they bruise and get better.
We were never tragedies. We were emergencies. You call 911.
Tell them I’m havin’ a fantastic time.
‘Eventually something you love is going to be taken away. And then you will fall to the floor crying. And then, however much later, it is finally happening to you: you’re falling to the floor crying thinking, “I am falling to the floor crying,” but there’s an element of the ridiculous to it — you knew it would happen and, even worse, while you’re on the floor crying you look at the place where the wall meets the floor and you realize you didn’t paint it very well.’
if you always keep a few stars in your pockets
to pull out and hold in your hands when you are sad,
you will never be afraid of the dark.
11. Penelope Garcia -“We are each on our own journey. Each of usis on our very own adventure; encountering all kinds of challenges, and the choices we make on that adventure will shape us as we go; these choices will stretch us, test us and push us to our limit; and our adventure will make us stronger then we ever know we could be.” - Aamanah Akram
12. Remy Beauregard “Thirteen” Hadley - We are who we are and lotteries suck
13. Joanna Beth “Jo” Harvelle -Stop. Guys, stop. Can we uh, be realistic about this please? I can’t move my legs. I can’t be moved. My guts are bein’ held in by an Ace bandage. We gotta… we gotta get our priorities straight here. Number one, I’m not going anywhere.
14. Dr. Maura Isles - I am in awe of what human beings can do. I am in awe of the hand knit channel stitching on this sweater. I am in awe of the artisan who molded and shaped this shoe.
15. SSA Jennifer “JJ” Jareau - I’m thankful for my years spent with this family, for everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I’ll take the best of them with me and lead by their example wherever I go. A friend told me to be honest with you, so here it goes. This isn’t what I want, but I’ll take the high road. Maybe it’s because I look at everything as a lesson, or because I don’t want to walk around angry, or maybe it’s because I finally understand. There are things we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go
16. Faith Lehane - Well, when I’m fighting, it’s like the whole world goes away and I only know one thing: that I’m gonna win and they’re gonna lose. I like that feelin’.
17. Caroline Farrell/Echo - Feeling nothing would be worse. It would be like before - asleep. I’m awake now. I don’t want to go back to sleep.
18. Tara MaClay - There’s just so much to work through. Trust has to be built again on both sides. You have to learn if - if we’re even the same people we were. If you can fit in each others lives. It’s a long and important process, and can we just skip it? C-Can you just be kissing me now?
19. Angela Montenegro - She has enough pent-up sexual energy to power a small Midwestern city
20. SSA Emily Prentiss/Lauren Reynolds -“I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
21. Detective Jane Rizzoli - Come here. [takes Maura’s hand] No matter what happened to you, you are nothing like that monster, okay? You’re a little anti-social maybe, goofy, but that’s not the same thing